PROGRAMS MANAGERHiring a Program Manager for our brand-new bouldering gym in Seattle, WA. We are a family-owned, community-oriented gym in Greenwood, one of Seattle's most vibrant neighborhoods. This position starts out as PT, at approx. 30 h/week.
Please send your cover later, resume and climbing resume to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager is directly involved and responsible for the management and execution of all programs including youth programs, summer camps, adult classes, clinics and school partnerships at HMB. This is a leadership position. Responsibilities include program development, oversight, instruction, and the continued growth of the Programs Department. Additionally, the Program Manager is responsible for the hiring, training, and scheduling of the staff in their department.Responsibilities include but are not limited to Customer Experience
- Oversee programs, classes, and clinics
- Request, adapt, and implement feedback from program participants
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the climbing area and facility
- Actively facilitate, teach, and instruct all programs at HMB
- Provide ongoing staff training
- Directly supervise all HMB classes and camps to ensure HMB’s programs meet expectations and reach their full potential.
- Assist in the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of Programs Staff.
- Regularly train and coach all Programs Staff on best practices, curriculum, and desired program outcomes.
- Create new, maintain and develop existing HMB programs.
- Work with other departments to help expand HMB programs.
- Serve as staff lead to support risk management in all programs.
- Additional tasks, as requested by Management.
- Must have a demonstrated passion for climbing and fitness on a personal basis.
- Open availability to meet facility needs and special events as needed.
- Previous experience in hiring, training, and scheduling part-time staff.
- Ability to work independently and balance competing priorities with ease and flexibility.
- Strong organization skills and proficient with office programs and POS tools (Rock Gym Pro).
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills. Must work well as part of a team.
- Free membership for employee
- Free membership for one significant other (for employees working at least 20 hours/week in the previous month)
- Public transit free pass
- Career development opportunities